QUOTES

  • Love me without fear; trust me without wondering; BE there without restrictions. Accept me how I am. A love like that will be eternal

Friday, July 17, 2009

VICTORIA, CANADA





Finally a update -----

I had a great time with Don. He had to work 3 half days while I was there, but it gave me some free time to venture out on my own. He took the Mustang to work one day and left the RU. I had never driven it before and took a while to figure out the shift, but made it. I was a little nervous pulling it back in the garage.

First Saturday night, we went to Greenway Fairgrounds to the races. I loved the figure 8's. Haven't seen one of those since I went to Dad's in Illionis in '64.

We took a day trip over the Cascade Mountians, thru Stevens Pass to Leavenworth. It's a little village just on the other side that is like a Bavarian town. Real quaint. Then, we went thru Cashmere to Weenatchee. That side of the mountians is more like desert land. Don says it stays about 10-15* hotter than the west side of the mountians. It was nice to see.

On July 2nd, we got up at 4:30 and headed to Seattle to catch the Victoria Clipper to Canada. It's like a boat shuttle with airplane seats. Took 2 1/2 hrs. I was doing fine, till we went thru the Juan de Fuca (a water channel on the southern end of Victoria). The water was so choppy. I got real nauseous when I had to fill out my customs card. Don had to finish it, because all I could do was lean back with my eyes closed. Thank heaven, it didn't ruin my day. First thing we did was go to the Royal British Museum. Very interesting. The rest of the day, we just spent looking around enjoying the town. The old architecture was fantastic. I hope to go back someday and stay more than just one day.

The rest of the time, we just did short trips close by, went shooting at the range one afternoon, and went to see the fireworks in Monroe the 4th. The Indian Reservation can sell high powered fireworks that are illegal other places. They aren't suppose to come off the reservation, but just about everybody had them around there. The fireworks we saw going on around us was better than most of what was shot off at the fairground. There's something they call a "quarter stick of dynamite" that's sound like a small bomb. Scaried the woppty out of me.

I was having such a good time that I didn't want to come home. Don will be here Sept 11th till the 20th,,, UNLESS NIC(where he works) gets things in gear and sends him to the Gallatin plant to set up that automatic tooling. That would be nice!!!!!

No comments: